- In: FAQ
Our Hire bikes are ‘Giant Defy’ Advanced 2010 and 2011 models. Bike hire $660 for 11 day tours.
[See this link to view the 2012 version.]
- All Carbon
- Shimano Durace (2011) or Ultegra (2010) gearing
- Compact Cranks 34/50 front chain ring (climbing gears)
- 28/11 rear
The 'Defy' model is the new range of comfort or 'relaxed' geometry models. This bike is higher in the front end than traditional geometry bikes, especially good for those with reduced flexibility in the hips/back and hamstrings. All hire bikes come with compact gearing designed for hill climbing.
Hire bikes come with:
- Spares kit: tubes, levers, pump or CO2 canister
- 2 bottle cages
- Small lock (to prevent the quick grab)
- Front and rear flashing lights
- Your helmet
- 2 drink bottles
- Cycling shoes
(MTB make it easier to walk around)
- Your pedals (Don't leave it to the last minute to get these off your existing bike as you might need help from the bike shop if the pedals are tight to remove)
- Your own saddle if you have a delicate posterior!
- In addition see 'What to bring on a Topbike Tour' for the rest of our recomended items.
- The centre to top (seat height)
- The nose of saddle to middle of the bars (saddle set-back)
I'm hiring a bike what do I need to bring?
Choosing a size
We can assist you with choosing your hire bike size, just contact us. You may be comfortable with deciding this yourself based on the Giant geometry charts.
Expert bike fitting on tour
It is suggested that you bring your own saddle. In addition, we have a range of different length stems to adjust the bike to your own comfort. Our staff are experts in fitting our hire bikes to each person and can make small adjustments to make you and the machine feel 'as one'.
If you are certain that your current bike-fit is perfect, then it is advisable to measure (and record) on your own bike prior to arrival:
New for 2013. Contact us for more details